Friday, March 2, 2012

Empty Dreams

~Author's Note: This was a simple journal piece needed for a conference to get a good word choice grade. It isn't very finished as therefore, not really edited. Hope you enjoy!

Update: This I think is needed as several people were confused about this ;) The main character is a little girl actor. She is on a movie set with her parents, who expect her to grow famous and rich. Except that she dreams of freedom, home away from home, to be free of the controlling environment.


Hot air streamlined against my body, making me feel as if I was flying in the desert. It was the exact scenario as in my dream; except that here, I was suspended in time. Two short seconds later, a person yelled, “Cut!” and the air stopped. I was slowly lowered to the air mattress beneath and I noticed two people, one a man and one a woman, coming to help me out of my harness. I obediently lifted my arms, just like the little girl my parents expected me to be. As soon as I was free, I ran over the red doors, the ones with an emergency exit sign flashing above. I threw open the doors and looked outside, hoping to see the wilderness from my dream; instead, I see a bustling city full with pedestrians racing to be on time for work and vendors selling their disgusting goods. I sighed, it wasn’t real.

1 comment:

  1. I love your word usage and descriptive word choice however I found it confusing in some parts but I understand it's your rough draft. Anyways good job at using the perfect words!

    ReplyDelete