Friday, March 30, 2012

Purge of the Turge

~Author's Note: This is a start of a piece I'm starting to create. This isn't finished but I decided to put it out here anyways as I needed a couple of pieces to be added. This is a mix of somewhat Star Wars, somewhat Hunger Games, and Spy High. I used inspiration from all three of these to create this. Let me know what you think ;)

Cherry red hair stuck out of the rectangular box. I could instantly identify it as an orphan. The "peacemakers" probably took the little girl's house and the parents and left her to die. It was a story that was becoming common these days. Too common. It was time for someone to set the so-called "peacemakers" straight.

Let me get things straight. I am Timothy, although most call me Tim. I live in sector 7149 on the planet Jupiter. A long time ago, I might have lived on Earth. But, now it is a big waste planet with piles of trash standing sky-high. There are no living creatures on Earth as there is nothing to sustain it except for trash. Ever since we moved out, we dump our trash there so that our new home wont become as dirty and nasty; how could our trash now hurt Earth anymore?

Recently, we were discovered by a race of space people who call themselves the Turge. They look like humans except for the fact that they have pointed ears and pitch black hair whereas we have round ears , bright blue eyes and while we have a range of cherry to blond to chestnut, we do not have the unique black hair shade of the Turge.

The first day they came was a shock to us, as we had not met any other life forms. They showed us a new way of living; one of which many jumped on for the slight chance that this life would turn out better. Now, I can look around me, at the hungry and suffering, and know that this way of living was not for us. The Turge took a fancy to our military and made the "peacekeepers" who was supposed to be superior to the rest of us. They were the ones who took money from the poor, and heavy taxes from the rich. All in all, not a fun world.

Then one day, I decided to do something about it. After seeing orphans mobbing the streets, life was difficult for everyone. People were forced to see that if they didn’t follow the Turge, that the same thing would happen to their family instead. So, in order to keep the thoughts of rebellion in citizen's minds, I started an orphanage, but more like a safe house. A place where orphans can come and live in secret. They all have a hate of the Turge, one that I plan on exploiting on; all I have to do now is wait for the perfect moment...

1 comment:

  1. This was an interesting piece indeed. I can see how the Hunger Games inspired this piece, though you used your original ideas well.

    ReplyDelete